St. Paul, MN (NNCNOW.com) - A $1B bonding bill is headed to the Governor’s desk for his signature after the House and the Senate both gave their approval of the bill Friday morning.
The bill is comprised of $846 million in GO bonds and an additional bill that includes $200 million coming from surplus cash.
- $126 million for completion of the State Capitol renovation
- $279 million in higher education projects for the University of Minnesota and MnSCU
- Over $113 million for roads, bridges and vital transportation infrastructure.
- $100 million for housing, the largest investment in state history.
- $27 million for E-12 Education facilities.
The measure includes funding for key Duluth projects including $2.3M for Wade Stadium, $6.95M for NorShor Theatre and $3.4M for Spirit Mountain.
Millions are also earmarked for a number of Iron Range projects including Range Regional Airport, Giant's Ridge and the reroute of Highway 53 in Virginia.
House and Senate lawmakers struck a deal on Wednesday on the joint proposal that has support from Governor Mark Dayton.