Barnes, WI (Northland's NewsCenter) --- A 22 year old man was seriously injured as he was assisting in the 4th of July fireworks display in the Town of Barnes.
22 year old Darrell Senske sustained severe leg injuries and other complications when a firework he was lighting detonated at ground level.
The explosion scattered debris for hundreds of square feet.
Senske was taken by ambulance and paramedic intercept to St. Luke’s Hospital in Duluth. He remains hospitalized in serious condition.
Emergency medical technicians from the Barnes ambulance service and Barnes firefighters were on hand during the fireworks display and were able to provide rapid first aid.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns