Circuit Failure Causes Hibbing Apartment, Restaurant Fire

By KBJR News 1

January 29, 2013 Updated Jan 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM CDT

Hibbing, MN (NNCNOW.com) -- A circuit failure in a second level apartment above the Sportman's Restaurant and Taverna in Hibbing caused the fire that swept through several apartment units, according to Hibbing Fire Marshal Bryan Fagerstrrom.

Fagerstrom says that te component failed was a multi-plug power strip that was feeding another multi-plug power strip.

The fire was ruled accidental.

The Sportsman's Restuarant re-opened for business on January 27 and the clean-up process of the apartments for tenants to be able to re-occupy have begun.

The fire broke out the morning of January 24 and caused extensive damage to several units above the restaurant.

The bar and restaurant, below the apartments, sustained heavy water damage as fire crews put out the flames.

Wells Fargo has set up a donation fund for anyone who wants give money to those who's apartment was involved in the fire.

Checks can be mailed or dropped off at any Wells Fargo location, made out to Sportsman's Apartment Tenant Fund.

Posted to the web by Jenna Vogt