Duluth TV News Manager Resigns Following Controversial Facebook Post

By KBJR News 1

Duluth TV News Manager Resigns Following Controversial Facebook Post

August 6, 2012 Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM CDT

Duluth, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) - FOX 21’s News Director has resigned following last week’s Facebook post controversy.

A statement from FOX 21’s General Manager says the station accepted Jason Vincent’s resignation Monday.

Vincent came under fire last week following a Facebook post that some claimed was racist. The post sparked a protest outside the station.

The station says Vincent has elected to take a new job assignment.