Update: Girl Treated for Smoke Inhalation in Hibbing Fire

By KBJR News 1

Update: Girl Treated for Smoke Inhalation in Hibbing Fire

April 10, 2013 Updated Oct 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM CDT

Hibbing, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- A juvenile girl has been taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation after a house caught fire in Hibbing along 26th Street West this afternoon.

Authorities say she was the only person home at the time of the fire.

Witnesses on the scene say that smoke was visible inside of the home and that firefighters were using a chainsaw to break through the roof.

Authorities say flames spread through the walls of the home and reached up into the roof.

Hibbing Fire Crews and EMS along with Keewatin and Chisholm Fire Departments all responded to the incident.

We have a crew on the scene and will bring you more information as it is made available.

Posted to the web by Krista Burns