Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- A fire in Duluth's Woodland neighborhood Thursday destroyed a garage and did some damage to a nearby house before firefighters could put it out.
Fire crews from Woodland's Fire Station Number 11 arrived within minutes of the call, and found a detached garage engulfed in flames.
The fire was so hot that it melted a section of the siding and broke the window of a nearby house.
Acting Assistant Fire Chief Jarry Keppers credits the quick response for stopping the spread of the blaze.
"Of course, it's always good to have people there quickly to protect exposures," said Keppers.
The fire is estimated to have caused $20,000 in damage.
It's believed that a hot lawnmower muffler placed against combustibles in the garage sparked the blaze.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns