Grand Rapids, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) - Lighting is also to blame for an overnight fire in Grand Rapids.
Firefighters responded to a home on Old Soldier's Lane shortly after midnight.
Crews say lighting struck a telephone line causing pieces of cement to be blown across the basement.
The electrical charge from the lightning strike was powerful enough to blow the control knobs completely off the washing machine and warp its lid.
Two people were inside the home, one of whom was physically disabled. They were both able to leave the home without getting hurt.
Damage estimates are at $10,000 dollars.