Dishwasher Malfunction Causes Fire and $50,000 in Damages

By KBJR News 1

Credit: MGN Online

Dishwasher Malfunction Causes Fire and $50,000 in Damages

October 6, 2013 Updated Oct 7, 2013 at 10:54 AM CDT

Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.COM)

The Duluth Fire Department was called to respond to a structure fire at 1455 89th Ave West in Morgan Park this morning.

First crews on scene found smoke coming from the rear of the 2 story residence.

The fire was contained to the kitchen but caused significant smoke damage to the structure and it's contents totaling an estimated 50 thousand dollars.

A preliminary investigation by the Duluth Fire Marshal's Office determined a dishwasher malfunction was the cause of the fire.

The occupants were not home at the time of the incident and no injuries were reported.

gware@kbjr.com