Thrift store damaged by fire

By KBJR News 1

Credit: Guy Whitehead

Thrift store damaged by fire

Gallery

3 photos

March 17, 2014 Updated Mar 17, 2014 at 7:09 PM CDT

Hayward, WI (NNCNOW.com) - A thrift store in Hayward is said to be a total loss after a fire Monday.

Firefighters battled flames and smoke at the Northwoods Humane Society Thrift for nearly four hours.

Hayward Fire Chief Mike Herrmann says a light fixture on the ceiling of the business is believed to have sparked the fire.

The chief says the fire was contained to the building which suffered heat, water and smoke damage.

The thrift store donates all its proceeds to the Northwoods Humane Society.

Written by Kevin Jacobsen
Bio - Facebook - Twitter - E-Mail