A Home Depot team member, Mike, shares some decorating safety tips this holiday season.
Mike says don't overload a circuit. He suggests adding up the wattage you'll be using and think twice before plugging in.
Even if you use various outlets to avoid an overload, be careful because many times, all the outlets in one room are often on the same circuit.
It is also important to remember that using a circuit breaker does not prevent overloading an outlet.
Mike suggests LED lights for multiple reasons. Not only do they use less energy, but they don't produce as much heat, reducing the risk of fire.
If you have small children or seniors in your home, consider covering cords and keeping them out of the way using cord wraps.