1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin puree
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 cups half and half
3 large eggs
1 cup chopped hazelnuts
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Whipped cream for serving
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Butter a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir the pumpkin puree and add the brown sugar, salt and spices; stir to mix.
3. In another bowl, whisk the half and half and the eggs until frothy. Add to the pumpkin mixture. Pour into the casserole.
4. Sprinkle hazelnuts over the top and drizzle with butter.
5. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Cool. Serve at room temperature topped with whipped cream.