Tomato Filets & Juice 1¼ cups Stove
Olive Oil Blend 2 Tbsp. 10” Sauté pan
Garlic (shaved) 1 tsp.
(heaping) Measuring Cup
Basil (chiffonade) 3 Tbsp.
(heaping) Measuring Spoons
Salt ½ tsp. Stainless Steel Tongs
Red Pepper Flakes ¼ tsp. Silicon Spatula
Black Pepper – Ground ½ tsp. Large Pasta Bowl
Parmesan - Grated 2 Tbsp.
Penne Pasta – pre-cooked 2 Cups
Butter - soft 2 Tbsp.
Breadstick - prepared 1 ea.
1. Pre heat sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil blend and shaved garlic to the hot pan.
3. Cook garlic until lightly golden, stirring occasionally.
4. Add red pepper flakes and ground black pepper to the pan and continue to sauté and additional 15 seconds.
5. Ladle the tomato filets and juice into the sauté pan to deglaze the mixture and continue cooking.
6. Reduce liquid to half.
7. Add basil; salt and hot pasta and toss to coat evenly.
8. Remove from heat; add butter to mount and add half of the Parmesan and toss thoroughly to finish.
9. Place in pasta bowl.
10. Top with remaining Parmesan.
11. Position prepared breadstick on rim of bowl.
• Do not scorch the garlic.
• Whole tomatoes and juice can be substituted for tomato filets if unavailable.
• Chiffonade is to cut fresh basil leaves into long, thin strips.