Timber Lodge Chopped Salad
Product/Item Description Amount Measure Cost Product/Item Description Amount Measure Cost
Sweet potato Crusting/ flour 1/2 Cup ea Mixed Granny Smith Apple thinly sliced ¼ apple
Chicken breast thinly sliced 1 4-6 oz Toasted almonds 2 TBL.
Butter milk ¼ Cup Diced tomatoes ¼ Cup
Sugar / Salt & Pepper Pinch Diced Cucumber 2 TBL
Raspberry/ Poppy seed Dressing 3 Oz. Blue Cheese Crumbles 2 TBL
Romaine, finely chopped 8 Oz. Toasted Coconut 2 TBL
1. Chicken Marinade: In a container, combine chicken, buttermilk, sugar & salt and pepper. Cover and let marinade up to 24 hours. Can be used as early as 1 hour.
2. At time of service mix chicken marinade with the sweet potato crusting. Coat well. Pan fry with a little oil or butter. Be careful not to burn the crusting. Start on med-high heat for 1-2 min. then turn down to low heat to finish cooking process.
3. While chicken is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, combine Romaine, Dried cranberries (craisins), granny smith apple, tomato, cucumber, almonds, blue cheese, and dressing.
4. Once Chicken is cooked and crispy, chop into bite size pieces and add to mixing bowl of other ingredients.
5. Finish mixing all ingredients and serve family style or up to 4 small salad plates.
6. Garnish with toasted coconut