Superior Choice Credit Union has five convenient locations; two in Superior, and one in Hermantown, Mellen and Ashland. We offer competitive auto loans, construction loans and recreational loans to help turn your dreams into a reality.
We specialize in mortgages and handle every member from start to finish. We offer competitive rates and closing costs, and we have no-prepayment penalties.
SCCU can take care of your financial needs and offers the latest in financial technology.
From Cartier Agency
How can I save money on my auto insurance premiums?
By getting your defensive drivers certificate, you not only become a more attentive driver, you will also receive a discount on your insurance premium. Another way to save money on your annual auto premiums is to look at raising your deductibles on comprehensive and collision coverage. The higher the deductible means the lower the premium. Again, insuring your home and auto together with one company will save you money on your annual insurance premiums” multi-policy discount.
What should I do if I have a work injury or work-related illness?
- Contact your employer and report the injury or illness - even if you think it is minor and you will heal without medical treatment. That way there is a record that can be referred to if your injury worsens. Use a company form, if one is available. If not, write down the facts of your injury, along with the date and time and the name of the person you reported it to. If possible, keep a copy of your report.
- Take down the names and addresses of all witnesses to the accident that caused your injury.
- Get medical care, even if you think your injury is minor, and make sure the doctor has a complete description of the accident that caused your injury or the work activities or conditions you believe caused your work-related disability. Take care of your injury.
- Make copies of all work restrictions that your doctor gives you. Keep a copy and give the original to your employer.
- Keep track of all time off work, all mileage to and from doctors, physical therapists and any other health care professionals. Save all medical records given to you and all prescription bills and receipts. Save all letters from your employer and your employer's workers compensation insurance company concerning your injury.
- Do not sign any documents unless you fully understand the documents. If there is any doubt in your mind about what the documents mean, you should contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.
- If you have not received Workers' Compensation benefits or a notice that you will be receiving Workers' Compensation benefits within a reasonable time period contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.
How do I pay for nursing home care?
Chris Jensen accepts Medicare, Medical Assistance, many approved insurances and private payment. To qualify for some Medicare benefits, you must be hospitalized for at least 3 days and meet additional criteria. You will also need to have certain special services provided at the nursing facility. This could be a complex wound care, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy or Speech therapy services, IV medications, alternative nutritional support, a new chronic illness diagnosis or a need for self-care education. Medicare will pay for 100% of room and board, therapy and medications for the first 20 days. After 20 days there is a daily co-payment. Some insurance plans will pay your co-pay and others will not. Coverage may last up to 100 days.
Medical Assistance is based on individual financial situation. An application may be completed through St. Louis County. Our social workers are happy to assist with this and other forms of insurance.
From Kari Toyota
Is synthetic motor oil better than conventional oil and what are the benefits?
With today’s technology, synthetics tend to be cleaner and provide better performance than conventional oil. Their composition is much cleaner, because it is derived in a laboratory rather than nature, and it has been proven to have a lower volatility and therefore not vaporize out the exhaust as quickly.
Synthetics have also been shown to produce less resistance, improving horsepower and the overall efficiencyof the engine. This added horsepower in return means that the engine will be able to perform at the same level as before, but using slightly less gas.
How do I know my loved one needs nursing home care?
The first step is to have an assessment of their care needs. Our admissions coordinator will complete this assessment and walk you through the steps of placement. This will allow us to understand the individual care needs and personalize the services.