Health & Rehab
Chris Jensen Health and Rehabilitation
Caring Above and BeyondMission: Chris Jensen Health & Rehab is more than just rehab: We meet our community's short-term and continuing care needs through compassionate health care and support services.
When staying at home is no longer an option, Chris Jensen offers a wide array of services to support residents in our caring community. Our professional health care team's goal is to create a home for the people we care for while working closely with their families.
Our short term rehabilitation services are for adults who need therapy or skilled nursing services following a hospitalization, injury or illness. Chris Jensen provides a place for recovery with the goal of returning home as soon as possible. Physical, occupational and speech therapy services are offered seven days a week and can also be delivered on an outpatient basis.
Our primary objective is to help each individual reach and maintain their highest level of independence and safety.
We also offer long term care and a secured environment for residents with memory loss. Chris Jensen Health and Rehabilitation relies on a team approach to ensure each resident receives individualized attention from nursing, social service, therapeutic recreation, dietary and rehabilitative therapy.
The staff at Chris Jensen has been committed to meeting and exceeding the needs of those we serve with integrity, excellence and compassion for over 40 years. Many of the professional caregivers and department leaders have been with Chris Jensen for 10 or more years. From the dedication and mission of our namesake to the people and organization who exist today, Chris Jensen continues the warm family tradition with modern medical therapies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know my loved one needs nursing home care?
- The first step is to have an assessment of their care needs. Our admissions coordinator will complete this assessment and walk you through the steps of placement. This will allow us to understand the individual care needs and personalize the services.
- Tell me about the placement process.
- After an assessment has been completed the Admissions Director will discuss the important aspects of the care needs, insurance coverage, and the services that will be provided. Your physician will complete the necessary paperwork to facilitate the placement. Transportation will be provided to the facility and an initial meeting of the care team will be scheduled. The patient and their family will help to shape the plan for care. Social services will help answer any additional questions. Each department will meet with the family and resident to determine their individual needs and preferences for medical cares, social activities, and dietary requirements.
- How do I choose a rehabilitation facility?
- Finding a place for a family member after a hospitalization, injury or illness can be a difficult task. They may be unable to live independently and require inpatient care in the short or long term. The most important thing to do is take a tour of the facility. Ask questions of the staff and Admissions Coordinator and be sure to address any special needs. We suggest you tour more than one place to find the best one for you.
- How do I pay for nursing home care?
- Chris Jensen accepts Medicare, Medical Assistance, many approved insurances and private payment. To qualify for some Medicare benefits, you must be hospitalized for at least 3 days and meet additional criteria. You will also need to have certain special services provided at the nursing facility. This could be a complex wound care, Physical therapy, Occupational therapy or Speech therapy services, IV medications, alternative nutritional support, a new chronic illness diagnosis or a need for self-care education. Medicare will pay for 100% of room and board, therapy and medications for the first 20 days. After 20 days there is a daily co-payment. Some insurance plans will pay your co-pay and others will not. Coverage may last up to 100 days.
Medical Assistance is based on individual financial situation. An application may be completed through St. Louis County. Our social workers are happy to assist with this and other forms of insurance.
- What services are provided?
- Chris Jensen is a skilled nursing home providing 24 hour care. We employ over 250 staff members in our short term rehab, long term care area and memory care neighborhoods. We offer social services, physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, dietary services and social recreational therapies.