« Return to the directory

Workers Compensation Law Attorney

Hannula & Halom Attorneys

515 Belknap Street
Superior, WI 54880
Hours of Operation
  • Monday - Friday:8am - 5pm
  • We work for you. We strive to always answer your call. If we happen to miss you, we will promptly return your important call.

Workers Compensation Attorney and Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer

Welcome to Hannula & Halom, Attorneys

Superior Wisconsin Personal Injury,
Workers' Compensation Attorneys

At the law offices of Hannula & Halom Attorneys, we know that the people of Northwest Wisconsin and Northeast Minnesota expect high levels of professionalism as well as personal service from their lawyers.
  • Free parking next to main entrance
  • Handicap accessible building
  • Conveniently located next to University of Wisconsin, Superior
Attorneys Daniel D. Hannula and Gary J. Halom and our staff of legal professionals offer personal legal service and attention. Since 1981, we have worked hard to earn our reputation throughout this region as the attorneys to hire when you need legal representation. We focus our practice on representing clients seeking compensation for injuries whether the injury is to person or property. Most of our work involves personal injury litigation, workers compensation claims, and property/real estate claims (condemnation and eminent domain).

We have over 60 years of combined legal experience in this region and have earned a reputation for excellence. We are long-time residents of this great part of the country and we work hard to make our community a better place for our friends and neighbors.

If you are looking for attorneys who provide professional service with personal attention, contact the law office of Hannula & Halom Attorneys

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I have a work injury or work-related illness?
  1. Contact your employer and report the injury or illness - even if you think it is minor and you will heal without medical treatment. That way there is a record that can be referred to if your injury worsens. Use a company form, if one is available. If not, write down the facts of your injury, along with the date and time and the name of the person you reported it to. If possible, keep a copy of your report.
  2. Take down the names and addresses of all witnesses to the accident that caused your injury.
  3. Get medical care, even if you think your injury is minor, and make sure the doctor has a complete description of the accident that caused your injury or the work activities or conditions you believe caused your work-related disability. Take care of your injury.
  4. Make copies of all work restrictions that your doctor gives you. Keep a copy and give the original to your employer.
  5. Keep track of all time off work, all mileage to and from doctors, physical therapists and any other health care professionals. Save all medical records given to you and all prescription bills and receipts. Save all letters from your employer and your employer's workers compensation insurance company concerning your injury.
  6. Do not sign any documents unless you fully understand the documents. If there is any doubt in your mind about what the documents mean, you should contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.
  7. If you have not received Workers' Compensation benefits or a notice that you will be receiving Workers' Compensation benefits within a reasonable time period contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.
What is a personal injury case?
Personal injury is when you are hurt because of someone else's negligence or wrongful act. Personal injury covers a wide spectrum: car accidents, truck accidents, wrongful death, dog bites and other animal attacks, Jet SkiĀ® and other personal water craft injury claims, defective products, premises liability or injury because of a defect in a building, slip and fall, worksite accidents, etc.
What is the difference between worker's compensation and personal injury?
Both involve physical injuries. However, if you are injured in the job, it is called workers compensation. The workers compensation procedure is more straightforward and does not involve a court trial or a jury. Since it is so different, if you have a workers compensation injury, you should turn to the workers compensation page on this web site.
What if I can't go back to work or my employer fires me or won't take me back after I have healed?
If your doctor says your injury has caused permanent restrictions (like restrictions on lifting, bending or standing), then you receive additional benefits based on the amount of disability the doctor states. If your employer has a job within those permanent restrictions, it must offer that job to you or be subject to a penalty. But if there is no work within your restrictions, the employer does not have to take you back. You may also be entitled to more benefits because you cannot go back to your job or you may get retraining benefits to send you back to school so that you can get a job that pays as much as the job you lost.
When should I get a lawyer?
  • Your claim is denied (or you feel it will be denied soon)
  • It has been more than two weeks and you have received no benefits.
  • The insurance company asks you to give a statement.
  • You are being treated unfairly after your injury.
  • You cannot return to work because of your injury.
  • You are asked to sign a settlement document.
  • You are fired after your injury.
46.720609 -92.08554
Have a question or want more information?