Johnson Mertz and Prime Appliance
218-722-5803 / 800-644-5803
Prime Appliance: 1735 Maple Grove Road, Duluth, MN 55811
Prime Appliance: 2817 Banks Avenue, Superior, WI 54880
Hours of Operation
- Prime Appliance
- Monday - Thursday9am - 6pm
- Friday9am - 6pm
- Saturday9am - 5pm
- Johnson Mertz
- Monday and Thursday9am - 8pm
- Tues, Wed, Friday9am - 6pm
- Saturday9am - 5pm
- Sunday12pm - 4pm
Brands You Know & TrustJohnson Mertz Appliance serves as your appliance expert providing quality name brand appliances for homes in Duluth, MN, Superior, WI and the Iron Range. The business has been family owned and operated continuously since the 1960's, and has expanded to include the Prime Appliance Factory Outlet and FJS Distributing.
At Johnson Mertz Appliance we sell and distribute a wide range of brand name major appliances like: Amana, Bosch, Electrolux, Fisher & Paykel, GE Monogram, KitchenAid, Sub-Zero, Wolf and more. We pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and our employees and we are YOUR source for competitive prices with knowledgeable in-store professionals to help you every step of the way.
Through bulk purchasing, Prime Appliance Factory Outlet is able to offer some of the best appliance pricing in the Twin Ports area and is backed by the same experience professionals as Johnson Mertz. Brand names include: Whirlpool, Maytag, Kitchen Aid, Amana, Estate, G.E., Bosch, Wolf, Subzero, Asko, Hotpoint, Dacor, Capital, Thermador, Danby, Frigidaire, Electrolux, Broan,Ventahood, Gladiator, Fisher & Paykel, Unique and Leibherr. Shop Online Now!
Prime Appliance also includes a full selection of appliance parts and accessories through a partnership with Dey Distributing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do all appliances carry a warranty?
- New appliances, even scratch and dent inventory, carry a manufacturer's warranty covering functional parts and labor, for one full year starting upon the date of installation. Click here to learn about additional protection.
- Will you deliver the appliance?
- Johnson Mertz and Prime Appliance have partnered to provide a professional delivery team. Delivery takes place Monday through Friday each week. Due to high demand for delivery service, we recommend setting up delivery at least 48 hours in advance.
- Will Prime Appliance and Johnson Mertz install my purchased items?
- Yes, basic installation is included with the exception of OTR microwaves, Dishwashers, Gas lines, and other built-in items. Full installation is available on these items. Contact us for more information.
- How do I dispose of my old appliance?
- Prime appliance and Johnson Mertz will recycle old appliances upon delivery of your purchased items for a per-item service fee.
- Does Prime Appliance Factory Outlet have a price match guarantee?
- Here at Prime Appliance, we pride ourselves on offering very competitive pricing. If you find a lower price on an item at another retailer, let us know and we will make an effort to find a value that matches your needs. Just bring us the competitor's current ad or we'll call to verify the item's price and do the best we can to match or beat the price our competitors are offering. Look here for information on financing.
- My front load washer doesn’t seem to be draining. What’s the problem?
- Is the Delicate or Hand Washables cycle selected? Your washer is designed so that in certain cycles, such as Delicate or Hand Washables cycles, the spin speeds are slower. In these cycles, more water is retained in the load at the end of the cycle to keep delicate fabrics from shrinking and wrinkling. Select the appropriate cycle based on the fabric being washed. Click here for more solutions.
- Why do I have a strange odor and mildew inside my washer?
- Odor-causing residues and mold and mildew stains have the potential to accumulate anywhere moisture is present. Non HE High Efficiency detergents used in an HE washer, body oils, grime, soap, and water can cause residue and mold and mildew stains to accumulate behind the drum of the washer. If not properly cleaned on a regular basis, all HE washing machines have the potential for odor-causing residue buildup and mold and mildew stains. Click here for more solutions.
- Why isn’t my dryer heating up?
- Did you select an air tumble cycle or air only temperature option? The air tumble cycle or air only temperature does not add heat to the dryer. Expect loads dried with the air tumble cycle or air only temperature to take longer to dry. Air tumble cycle or air only temperature can be found on the control knob or button with the other temperature selections. Click here for more solutions.
- Why is my dryer making sounds?
- Has the dryer had a period of nonuse? If the dryer hasn't been used for a while, there may be a light thumping sound during the first few minutes of operation. When the dryer is not used, the drum support rollers can flatten where the rollers and drum touch. The flat spot causes the thumping sound. Once the dryer runs for a few minutes, the rollers will regain their shape and the sound should stop.
Click here for more solutions.