St. Ann’s Residence
Duluth, Minnesota 55805
Hours of Operation
- Main Office Hours
- Monday - Friday8:00am - 4:30pm
- Please call us for an appointment: 218-727-8831
Come Home to St. Ann'sOur Mission
The mission of St. Ann's Residence is to enhance the quality of life of older adults by providing a secure, comfortable, and homelike environment. Residents are encouraged to live as independently as possible with support services to meet their individual needs.
Warmth, Comfort, and Care
St. Ann's offers residents the warmth and comfort of home with beautiful and comfortable surroundings, home-cooked meals, a full calendar of recreational events, good friends to meet, and the security of total care for those who need it. Our individualized service plans and cares packages along with our professional and experienced team of registered nurses and aides can meet just about any need. Whatever your or your loved one's level of assistance or independence may be, we're prepared to help you make the level of care, need for transportation to appointments, proximity to clinics and hospitals, and providing an age-friendly, active environment or a supportive, quiet peace of mind a primary focus of choosing an assisted living community.
A Dynamic, Beautiful Location
Located steps from downtown Duluth, St. Ann's offers exciting opportunities for residents to attend plays, the symphony, and other cultural opportunities our city and location has to offer. We also have unparalleled views of Lake Superior enjoyed from many of our apartments or when sitting on our spacious patio on a warm summer day. See the sailboats, enjoy the sunrise, feel the lake breezes-all from your home at St. Ann's.
St. Ann's Residence is a non-denominational, equal housing opportunity, assisted living and independent living senior residence. With 50 years of senior living and care experience, we're ready to welcome you home.
Since 1963, St. Ann's has set the standard for excellence in senior housing. Residents appreciate the freedom and satisfaction of independent living along with an abundance of recreational activities. Whatever level of care our residents need, seniors have more time and energy to enjoy life when they live at St. Ann's.
St. Ann's is a not-for-profit community operating under the direction of a volunteer board of directors comprised of local business and community leaders. St. Ann's does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Our Guiding Principles
Respect. We will treat all residents, their families, and each other with dignity and respect at all times.
Compassion. We will listen with understanding to the needs of the senior residents and respond with kindness and consideration.
Responsibility. We will strive for excellence in our work and be responsible for the outcome of our actions.
Teamwork. We will work together as staff and board in a cooperative and professional manner in order to accomplish our goals of meeting the needs of the residents.
Take the next step
So, now that you know a little bit about what we're about, get the full view and start planning for your next home at St. Ann's. Come by for a tour today. Call Krista at 218.727.8831.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the age requirement to live at St. Ann’s?
- The minimum age is 62 years.
- Do your apartments come furnished with kitchens or kitchenettes?
- No. Included in your rental price are three home-cooked meals per day plus snacks and refreshments offered at all of our activities. As it stated in St. Ann's original brochure from the 1960s, "Our residents enjoy freedom from meal planning. The meals are prepared in our central kitchen and served in dining rooms overlooking Lake Superior." We prepare, serve, and clean up after all of your meals! Residents may have a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and toaster in their apartments. There is a small electrical fee for residents having refrigerators and/or microwaves in their apartments.
- Are pets allowed?
- Yes! We love pets! This is home for our residents and pets are just as much an important part of our lives as our other loved ones. Please ask about our pet policy.
- What is included in the rental rate?
- Included in your base rental price is, of course, rent for the apartment, along with satellite TV service, unlimited phone service, weekly basic housekeeping, utilities, and three meals served daily at breakfast, lunch, and supper.
- Is St. Ann’s owned and operated by the Catholic diocese?
- No. St. Ann’s was founded by the diocese and managed by the Benedictine Sisters for many years but is now independent from the diocese, is nondenominational, and is overseen by a secular volunteer board of directors. We welcome people of all faiths, or people of no specific faith at all.
- What apartments are available for Section 8 housing assistance?
- Our average studio apartments are available for Section 8 housing assistance. You can apply for housing assistance right at St. Ann's.
- Do you bill insurance?
- We do not bill Medicare or Medicaid. Some insurance policies may provide coverage, but you’ll have to consult with your insurance company or give us a call and we can check for you. We do bill Elderly Waiver, however, through St. Louis County and Medical Assistance.
- Is St. Ann’s able to accommodate special dietary needs?
- While we cannot specifically accommodate everyone's personal dietary needs, St. Ann's offers a variety of meal options and foods that allow our residents to make healthy, responsible choices based on their needs and on their doctors' recommendations for their diets. Our assisted living community serves meals restaurant style. Our Food Service manager and our nursing staff will be happy to sit with you and your family to help you choose foods from our menus, to the best of our abilities. Residents are welcomed to purchase other products they may need and keep them in their personal refrigerators in their apartments.
- What is the difference between St. Ann’s and a nursing home?
- We offer independent and assisted living for seniors and we offer assisted living for seniors who require some nursing assistance. If residents are admitted to the hospital for surgery or sickness, they may go to a rehab facility before returning to their apartments at St. Ann's. For residents who need some assistance, we offer a number of cares options that are customizable for each resident. Or, you may choose to have your own care provider come to your apartment.
- Are the apartments at St. Ann’s furnished?
- Our apartments are partially furnished, if desired, to include a bed frame, nightstand, and TV stand. All of our apartments have built-in dressers and desks and each apartment is fitted with blinds and carpeting.