Superior Fuel Company
Superior, WI 54880
Duluth (218) 722-2050
Superior (715) 392-3431
Grand Marais (218) 387-1600
Toll Free 1-877-388-1744
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday7:30AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday - SundayClosed
Dare to CompareSuperior Fuel Company delivers propane and fuel oil throughout northwest Wisconsin and northeast Minnesota; including service to the North Shore and the Iron Range.
At Superior Fuel Company our mission is simple:
Provide the customers we serve with better value, and pricing, on Propane and Heating Oil. By operating our business in a manner that is honest and transparent we will build a rapport with our customers insuring continued business long into the future. We will strive every day to exceed our customer's expectations, and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism and reliability in the industry.
YOUR ASSURANCE OF OUR INTEGRITY
At Superior Fuel Company we take pride in being a fair and honest company. The price we quote is the price you pay. There are no hidden charges such as "hazardous materials" or "fuel surcharges" which add to the price you would pay for every gallon.
By becoming a Superior Fuel Company customer you will gain peace of mind knowing that you have a team of dedicated individuals working to keep your heating costs down. You are making a solid budgeting decision when you decide to buy from Superior Fuel Co. and take part in its money-saving plans and programs. We are here to serve you 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
As your friend and neighbor, we are also affected by high heating costs during the cold winter months. We understand the importance of making each dollar go further.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PRICES DOWN
Superior Fuel Company continually strives to exceed our customers' expectations and provide them with low cost propane and heating oil. We continually use innovations in technology, efficiency in operations, and a unique business model that keeps your heating cost low. Everyone at Superior Fuel Company is totally committed to you, the customer, and the communities we serve. Our service is second to none.
Check out our website to learn how Superior Fuel Company gives back to the communities it serves.
Thinking about making the switch to Superior Fuel Company? Click here
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Superior Fuel Difference?
- At Superior Fuel, our mission is what separates us from the competition. We aim to provide the customers we serve with better value, and pricing on Propane and Heating Oil. By operating our business in a manner that is honest and transparent we will build a rapport with our customers insuring continued business long into the future. We will strive every day to exceed our customer’s expectations, and demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism and reliability in the industry all the while providing fair and honest pricing.
- What does fair and honest pricing mean when it comes to propane?
- Fair and honest pricing is driven by our efficiencies in operating our company. We make strategic fuel purchases when market prices are favorable. Superior Fuel Company has several programs in place to ensure that our customers get the best price for their individual fuel consumption and needs. We strive to provide the best pricing that market conditions offer, as well as providing a stable price option, and pre-buy program. We also never raise rates for existing customers to attract new ones with unfair pricing tactics like some other providers.
- How does Superior Fuel keep costs down?
- Our unique business model allows us to find efficiencies in operating our company. We make strategic fuel purchases when market prices are favorable. Purchasing fuel when demand is lowest, allows us to get the best pricing, and in turn pass the savings along to our customers.
- What online payment and customer service options does Superior Fuel provide?
- Superior Fuel has E-statements and paperless options for payment and delivery for our customers. These convenient options are available to all Superior Fuel customers on our website. You can simply click the "log in" button and enter your information to access your customer account directly on our website.
- When should I place an order for heating fuel?
- For propane, the best time to order is when you are between 20% to 30%.
For fuel oil the best time to order is when you reach 25%.
- How long does it take to get a tank installed?
- The length of time to have a tank installed varies. The number of new customers, the priority need based on fuel remaining, and other factors will affect how long it takes before your tank is installed. We will always find a way to ensure your tank is installed before you have to worry about running out of propane.
- Do I need to be home for a delivery?
- With Superior Fuel Company’s electronic payment system you do not have to be home to receive a delivery. If you have a locked gate or locked tank, arrangements need to be made to ensure that delivery can occur when the truck arrives.
- What are the advantages of purchasing Propane ahead of time?
- When you pre-buy your propane, there are a number of benefits. You'll have peace of mind knowing that you won’t have large monthly bills during the heating season. Additionally, when you buy ahead of season, you'll often get a lower price as the market price tends to climb when fuel is in high demand.
- Can I paint my tank if I own it, what colors are okay?
- Once the tank has been paid in full you may paint your propane tank. You must use light colors to ensure the tank does not get too hot during the summer. During the summer, a tank painted black could become very hot and cause the propane to expand. That could lead to a release of excess pressure through the pressure relief valve.
- Can you pump my fuel out of my tank?
- In most circumstances we are able to transfer the propane into the tank we bring out. If the tank you currently have does not have a liquid withdrawal valve, or the valve is not functioning properly, we are sometimes unable to transfer the propane. In these situations we can leave the old tank hooked up so you can use up the rest of the propane.