Family, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Dentistry
The Lake Dental Group
Duluth, MN 55812
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday7:30am - 5:00pm
Dental CareTHE LAKE DENTAL GROUP
The Lake Dental Group is your partner in creating the gorgeous and healthy smiles in the Twin Ports area. With a strong belief that everyone deserves the absolute best possible care, the Lake Dental Group is committed to changing your perceptions of visiting the dentist.
The Lake Dental Group in Duluth, MN is proud to offer our patients from Minnesota and Wisconsin the exceptional care and service that comes from decades of industry experience and a client-focused approach. Dr. LaCosse and the professional team of dental care providers at The Lake Dental Group have the skill to ensure successful results for your cosmetic, reconstructive and general dental care. Even with thousands of restorations completed over the years, our Philosophy of Care is centered on ensuring that each patient receives the highest quality dental care with personalized attention in a relaxing environment. Whether you have questions about The Lake Dental Group cosmetic or general dentistry services, we would be happy to help you identify the next steps in achieving the smile you have always hoped for. Contact us today to set up an appointment.
FAMILY DENTISTRY: LEADING EDGE TECHNOLOGY ENSURES EXCEPTIONAL RESULTS
At The Lake Dental Group, we understand that no one wants to spend more time at the dental office than they have to. By incorporating in state-of-the-art technology throughout our practice, we can ensure efficient, convenient, comfortable, and safer procedures that will get you in and out of the office faster than expected and with beautiful results.
COSMETIC DENTISTRY: AACD ACCREDITED DENTAL OFFICE
The Lake Dental Group offers beautiful and advanced cosmetic dental care by Dr. Robert LaCosse one of only 300 dentists worldwide who have received the prestigious accreditation from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. LaCosse is the first and still the only dentist north of Minneapolis to have reached this high level of proven skill and artistry.
RECONSTRUCTIVE COSMETIC DENTISTRY: THE SMILE YOU’VE DREAMED OF!
Reconstructive dentistry combines the science and artistry of cosmetic dentistry with an in depth understanding of long term predictability and function of your teeth and your whole mouth. In cases where your mouth has multiple, diverse problems or your teeth are seriously broken down for whatever reason; a comprehensive approach is required for long term success. Using advanced materials along with cutting edge technology and advanced techniques, the experienced team at The Lake Dental Group can provide a comprehensive solution to even the most challenging cases. Whether your teeth are broken, missing, discolored, worn or decayed, a stable, predictable, comfortable and beautiful result can be possible with reconstructive dentistry.
WHITENING FOR LIFE
It is amazing to see the transformations accomplished with professional teeth whitening services. Whether it is the product of your genetic makeup or the result of lifestyle, there is hope to attain a brighter and whiter smile. We have tried all of the whitening processes available on the market and have selected the system we believe will provide the best results and value. The Lake Dental Group offers the Zoom! whitening treatment to remove staining and whiten your teeth in just one appointment. In order to offer a cost effective solution for adding brilliance to smiles, The Lake Dental Group is proud to offer our special “Free Whitening for Life” service. In order to keep that smile glowing for years, we offer free whitening products to those of our patients who consistently maintain 6 month cleaning appointments. This way you can re-brighten your smile as needed.
MEET OUR TEAM OF DENTISTRY PROFESSIONALS
Dr. LaCosse, Dr. Weingarten, and the qualified team at the Lake Dental Group have built a reputation of excellence around the quality of service and attention that is given to all of those in our care. Ongoing education and training, as well as access to leading edge technology ensure that the best possible techniques and processes are used in our office. We are proud to have a cohesive team that works together to achieve incredible results for each patient that walks through the door.
View Our Testimonials!
Check Out Our Before and After Photos!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I know there are always changes and improvements happening in medicine and dentistry. What can you tell us about the latest in dentistry?
- I know I may be biased, but I really believe that the teeth and the mouth are two of the most important parts of your body. They get an incredible amount of use every single day of our lives. We use them to speak, to eat, to smile, to show affection — and people cannot function very well if they are not in good working order. In addition, the forces the teeth and jaw withstand are very, very strong. Wear and tear on the teeth and the need for maintenance are absolutely unavoidable. The thing about dentistry, is that everyone needs a dentist, and these kinds of maintenance procedures can only be done by a dentist or a dental hygienist. But in the United States only about 50% of people actually have a dentist. So, why is that? In general, I think the main concerns of people when they think of going to the dentist are: "Is it going to hurt", and "Is it going to be expensive". Any new techniques or technology that really are going to matter to people should address these issues.
- I just need a good general dentist. Does Lake Dental Group do regular dentistry too?
- Absolutely. We are a General Dental office that has an emphasis or focus on Cosmetic Dentistry. All of our Dentists are happy to take care of regular cleanings, fillings, dentures, crowns, or any other dental needs.
- Can I use my insurance at The Lake Dental Group?
- We accept most dental insurance plans and are happy to work with your insurance company to maximize your benefits.
- What does it mean exactly to be an Accredited member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry? A lot of dental offices say they do cosmetic dentistry. Why should I have Dr LaCosse do this?
- The AACD is the largest organization in the world dedicated to advancing the art and science of cosmetic dentistry. We have over 7000 members in over 70 countries. Accreditation is one of the highest recognized achievements for a dentist that practices cosmetic dentistry and there are only about 300 of us worldwide. Basically, anyone can say they can do cosmetic dentistry, but to become accredited, you have to prove extreme skill by having your work closely scrutinized and evaluated by a group of accredited members with very specific and exacting standards. It is the achievement I am most proud of in my career.
- So what is Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Cosmetic Dentistry is simply making someone’s smile look better. This is accomplished differently for everyone and may include whitening, porcelain veneers, orthodontics, or different aspects of general dentistry. Most often, the process can be completed in a matter of weeks. Cosmetic dentistry is a predictable and fast way to have the stunning smile that you have always wanted!
- Why should anyone have cosmetic work done? Why is it important?
- First let me say that I really love doing this kind of work. There is nothing like being able to take a defect that has been sitting in the middle of someone’s face all of their lives, and make it go away in a matter of hours. This is life changing dentistry. These people are never the same and their gratitude is incredibly rewarding. Other than taking someone out of extreme pain, I believe it is the greatest service we can provide for our patients. A lot of research has gone into this and it is absolutely true: Your smile is the 1st or 2nd thing that people you meet notice about you and an unattractive smile will — not may but will — limit your success in relationships or your career. I have seen it over and over again — and we have done hundreds of these cases now — each and every time this work ends up having a profound effect on a person’s life. Intuitively, everyone knows the value of a great smile — we line our kids up at the orthodontist office because we know it’s going to help them in the future with relationships, their careers, and just to be successful.