Featured Professional

Credit Union - Loans and Lending

Superior Choice Credit Union

Superior Choice Credit Union has five convenient locations; two in Superior, and one in Hermantown, Mellen and Ashland. We offer competitive auto loans, construction loans and recreational loans to help turn your dreams into a reality.
We specialize in mortgages and handle every member from start to finish. We offer competitive rates and closing costs, and we have no-prepayment penalties.
SCCU can take care of your financial needs and offers the latest in financial technology.

  • From Hannula & Halom Attorneys

    What if I can't go back to work or my employer fires me or won't take me back after I have healed?

    If your doctor says your injury has caused permanent restrictions (like restrictions on lifting, bending or standing), then you receive additional benefits based on the amount of disability the doctor states. If your employer has a job within those permanent restrictions, it must offer that job to you or be subject to a penalty. But if there is no work within your restrictions, the employer does not have to take you back. You may also be entitled to more benefits because you cannot go back to your job or you may get retraining benefits to send you back to school so that you can get a job that pays as much as the job you lost.

  • From Johnson Mertz and Prime Appliance

    Why do I have a strange odor and mildew inside my washer?

    Odor-causing residues and mold and mildew stains have the potential to accumulate anywhere moisture is present. Non HE High Efficiency detergents used in an HE washer, body oils, grime, soap, and water can cause residue and mold and mildew stains to accumulate behind the drum of the washer. If not properly cleaned on a regular basis, all HE washing machines have the potential for odor-causing residue buildup and mold and mildew stains. Click here for more solutions.

  • From Kari Toyota

    Is synthetic motor oil better than conventional oil and what are the benefits?

    With today’s technology, synthetics tend to be cleaner and provide better performance than conventional oil. Their composition is much cleaner, because it is derived in a laboratory rather than nature, and it has been proven to have a lower volatility and therefore not vaporize out the exhaust as quickly.

    Synthetics have also been shown to produce less resistance, improving horsepower and the overall efficiencyof the engine. This added horsepower in return means that the engine will be able to perform at the same level as before, but using slightly less gas.

  • From Furniture & Mattresses 4 Less

    What is the difference between a standard king mattress and a California king?

    The standard king is 76” wide by 80” long, while the California king is 72” wide by 84” long. Other mattress sizes are: Queen (60” wide by 80” long), Full/Double (54” wide by 80” long) and Twin/Single (39” wide by 75” long) and Twin XL (39” wide by 80” long).

  • From Hannula & Halom Attorneys

    What should I do if I have a work injury or work-related illness?

    1. Contact your employer and report the injury or illness - even if you think it is minor and you will heal without medical treatment. That way there is a record that can be referred to if your injury worsens. Use a company form, if one is available. If not, write down the facts of your injury, along with the date and time and the name of the person you reported it to. If possible, keep a copy of your report.
    2. Take down the names and addresses of all witnesses to the accident that caused your injury.
    3. Get medical care, even if you think your injury is minor, and make sure the doctor has a complete description of the accident that caused your injury or the work activities or conditions you believe caused your work-related disability. Take care of your injury.
    4. Make copies of all work restrictions that your doctor gives you. Keep a copy and give the original to your employer.
    5. Keep track of all time off work, all mileage to and from doctors, physical therapists and any other health care professionals. Save all medical records given to you and all prescription bills and receipts. Save all letters from your employer and your employer's workers compensation insurance company concerning your injury.
    6. Do not sign any documents unless you fully understand the documents. If there is any doubt in your mind about what the documents mean, you should contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.
    7. If you have not received Workers' Compensation benefits or a notice that you will be receiving Workers' Compensation benefits within a reasonable time period contact a Workers' Compensation lawyer.