¼ c. Canola oil
2 Red pepper
2 Yellow onion, chopped
6 Cloves garlic
3 c. Farro (semi-pearled or pearled)
8 c. Veggie stock
2T Smoked paprika
1 t Chili Powder
¼ t Cayenne
2 c. Sliced green greek olives
1t Orange zest
¼ c. Capers
3 c. Peas
1. Rough chop the red peppers and onions and place them along with the garlic in the Robot Coupe and bland until very smooth.
2. In a heavy bottomed pot heat the canola oil and once hot add the blended vegetables, cook for 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the dry spices and bloom for 1 minute.
4. Add the vegetable stock, Farro, olives and caper to a simmer. Cover and cook until the farro is soft.
5. Add the orange zest and peas when the farro is near done cooking.
6. Cool on a sheet pan and put into deep 6th pans.