Makes 24 mini puffs
1 cup water
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Combine the water, butter, salt, and sugar in a large saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat. Add all the flour at once and stir hard until all the flour is incorporated. Place over low heat and cook, stirring about 2 minutes to evaporate some of the moisture.
2. Turn dough into the food processor with the steel blade in place. Turn the processor on and add the eggs, one at a time. Mix until totally incorporated and dough is glossy and smooth.
3. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into small mounds about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter and place evenly onto cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375F and bake until puffed, golden, and dry, about 25 minutes more. Allow to cool on a baking sheet
Crispy Cream Puffs
Makes 24 Crispy Cream Puffs
24 mini cream puffs
5 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1-2 tablespoons chocolate shot for garnish
1. Bake the cream puffs as directed. While they bake, mix the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough hot water to make a smooth glaze. Turn half of the glaze into another bowl and mix in the melted chocolate chips.
2. Dip the cream puffs first into the plain creamy glaze. Set the puffs on a rack and when the glaze has set, dip into a chocolate glaze. Sprinkle with chocolate shot while still sticky and set aside until glazes are set.