Day 2 of Joshua Littlewolf Murder Trial Wraps Up

By KBJR News 1

September 11, 2013 Updated Sep 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM CDT

Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Day two of the Joshua Littlewolf Murder Trial has wrapped up in Duluth.

In court Wednesday, a man who was once the prime suspect in the fatal stabbing of Joshua Olson took the stand.

You might remember that 37-year-old Nakota Benjamin was originally charged with second degree murder in the stabbing death of Joshua Olson.

On the stand Wednesday, prosecutors grilled Benjamin about the night of April 26 leading into the 27th.

Benjamin says he met Olson that night, but was heavily intoxicated and passed out. He said he slept until he was awakened by scuffling in his apartment. He testified that he told everyone to get out.

There were some anomalies with Benjamin's testimony however.

Jurors were shown pictures of Benjamin, taken the morning of the 27th, showing lacerations consistent with knife wounds on his body and multiple bruises.

Benjamin said he couldn't recall how he got his injuries.

Littlewolf, who is representing himself against charges of second degree murder, cross examined Benjamin, repeatedly asking him how he got the wounds on his face, head, and back- asking if they were knife wounds- but Benjamin claimed he didn't remember fighting with anyone.

Duluth Police Investigator Michael Tinsley testified as well- showing surveillance video of the Skinner Apartments before and after the attack.

Littlewolf is seen leaving the Skinner apartments around 3:08 A.M.

Around 7:53 A.M. a key witness, Sally Woundedeye, is also seen leaving the building.

Woundedeye has been subpoenaed by both parties because police believe she may have witnessed the murder. But she has not been found.

Littlewolf asked that the trial be delayed until Woundedeye were located.

But judge Shawn Floerke denied the request saying they could lose other witnesses if they wait too long.

The prosecution has listed 80 witnesses, so it could be awhile before the defense gets its turn.

The trial will continue Thursday and is expected to last around two weeks.

Written and posted to the web by Raeanna Marnati