Duluth, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) --- A Duluth man who has a history of felony convictions has been charged with two counts of possession of heroin.
45 year old Andrew Wayne Clarke has been charged with two counts of Second Degree Possession of a Controlled Substance.
On Wednesday, Clarke was arrested along West Superior Street by investigators from the Lake Superior Drug and Violence Crimes Task Force.
Clarke had two outstanding St. Louis County warrants for controlled substance crimes in the third degree. During the arrest, Clarke had 8.3 grams of heroin on him.
According to police, Clarke is responsible for distributing substantial quantities of heroin in the Twin Ports area over the past two years.
Authorities have requested that the St. Louis County Attorney's Office make an argument to the judge for high bail because police feel that Clarke is a danger to the community.
Clarke has had previous felony convictions including:
- Uttering a Forged Check – 1984
- Burglary in the Second Degree – 1985
- Offering a Forged Check – 1985
- Controlled Substance Crime in the First Degree (2 separate convictions) -- 1994
- Fourth Degree Assault – 2006
- Fifth Degree Possession of Controlled Substance – 2007
- Identity Theft – 2008
- Fifth Degree Possession of Controlled Substance – 2008
- Theft from a Person – 2010
Posted to the web by Krista Burns