Duluth, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) --- A long-time Duluth burglar and drug dealer has been arrested once again in connection for a burglary on the 1800 block of the Lester River Road.
Authorities say they received a call of a possible burglary in progress at a vacant house.
The person who called said that she interrupted an alleged burglary at the house of her deceased relative's house. She says that she followed the car down Lester River Road and called police with the description of the vehicle.
Duluth Police were able to locate the suspect vehicle near the intersection of 21st Ave. and London Road.
The driver was identified as Michael “Pepe” Gerard Hanson, a 55 year old resident of Duluth. Authorities found the property stolen from the house in Hanson's car.
Michael “Pepe” Gerard Hanson is a long-time Duluth burglar and drug dealer. He is currently on Federal parole for a 2004 federal drug conviction. He was released in November of 2011 and was on supervised release until 2014.
Hanson has been convicted for the following:
- 1979 Felony Receiving Stolen Property
- 1985 Possession of a Pistol/Assault Rifle by a Convicted Felon (Felony Charge)
- 1985 Felony Drug Conviction
- 1985 Felony-Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle
- 1985 Another Felony Drug Conviction
- 1987 Felony Drug Conviction
- 1987 Misdemeanor Receiving Stolen Property
- 1987 Gross Misdemeanor Obstructing Legal Process
- 1990 2 separate Felony Drug Convictions
- 1991 Felony Receiving Stolen Property
- 1996 2nd Degree Burglary (Felony)
- 2003 5th Degree Assault (Misdemeanor)
- 2004 Distribution of Methamphetamine (Felony Federal Drug Conviction-released from Federal Prison on 11/3/2011 on 3 years Supervised Release)
Hanson is being held at the St. Louis County Jail where he is awaiting formal charges of 2nd degree burglary, possession of burglary tools, possession of a controlled substance, possession of stolen property and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns