Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) - Duluth Police have increased patrols after two separate Halloween robberies that happened with minutes of each other.
The first incident happened just before 11 o'clock last night at 12th Avenue East & First Street.
Police say a man was assaulted and robbed by two men and a woman.
The victim was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The only description police have is both men were black, one of them wearing a stocking cap.
Just five minutes later, one block over in an alley, police say another man was approached by two black men who asked him for a cigarette.
When he said he didn't smoke, police say the men began punching him and robbed him.
Police say one of the suspects was wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt and a blue or black bandanna. The other was wearing a dark jacket.
Police say they are following several leads tonight.
If you have any information you're asked to call 911.
Duluth Police Department Personal Safety Tips on the Street
· If possible, don't walk alone during late-night hours.
. Walk in groups whenever you can-there is always safety in numbers.
· Stay in well-lit areas as much as possible.
. Avoid alleys, vacant lots, wooded areas, and other short-cuts or secluded areas as they are not usually well-lit or heavily traveled.
· Walk on the sidewalk whenever possible, close to the curb, avoiding doorways, bushes, and other potential hiding places.
· Walk confidently, directly, and at a steady pace. Don't stop to talk to strangers.
· Report any suspicious activity or person immediately to 9-1-1.
· Avoid carrying large sums of cash, or displaying expensive jewelry in public.
If Someone Tries to Rob You
·Don't resist. Give up your property.
·Report the crime to the police. Try to describe the suspect accurately. Your actions can help prevent others from becoming victims.