Sandstone home owner target of death threats after killing alleged burglar

By KBJR News 1

November 20, 2013 Updated Nov 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM CST

Pine County, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- One suspect is behind bars and several others are being investigated for making terroristic threats against the homeowner who shot and killed a man who had invaded his home in Sandstone last week.

Authorities say 75-year-old Charlie Carlson is now the target of death threats by acquaintances of 23-year-old Gypsy Watts, who was killed during an alleged burglary of Carlson's home.

The Pine County Sheriff's Office says the threats have come over Facebook and social media.

They say that they are aggressively pursuing any threats towards Carlson.

One suspect is behind bars on an unrelated charge, and authorities are still talking to other individuals possibly involved.

Chief Deputy Steven Blackwell says they are doing everything they can to keep Carlson safe.

"Extra patrols around the area, just a lot of visibility and once again, just checking in on him as well," said Blackwell.

The 16-year-old who was with Watts the night of the alleged burglary will be back in court this week for authorities to determine if he will be tried as an adult.

Written and posted to the web by Raeanna Marnati
rmarnati@kbjr.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.