Grand Rapids, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Lake Country Power has extended their Critical Peak Pricing Alert into Thursday, asking customers to again cut back on electricity use for the day.
The company is asking its customers to conserve energy from noon to 10pm today due to continued extreme temperatures and humidity that are raising prices.
Lake Country Power offers these energy saving suggestions to help keep costs down for electricity:
• Postponing use of appliances such as washers, dryers and dishwashers until after 10 p.m.
• Turning off lights and appliances that are not essential to health and safety.
• Turning off computers and other electrical equipment when not in use.
• Keeping shades pulled and doors and windows closed during the day.
• Using a microwave oven instead of a conventional electric oven or gas stove.
• Setting the thermostat on your central air conditioner to 78 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
• Supplementing air-conditioner use with ceiling fans and other fans, which create a wind-chill effect that increases air-conditioning cooling efficiency.
• Taking shorter showers.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns