Grand Rapids, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Lake Country Power is asking its members to cut back on electricity use today due to extreme temperatures creating high prices.
The company is asking its users to conserve energy from noon to 10pm on Tuesday to help keep electricity costs down.
Officials say they have an adequate supply of electricity available.
Lake Country Power offers these tips to conserve energy:
• Postponing use of appliances such as washers, dryers and dishwashers until after 10 p.m.
• Turning off lights and appliances that are not essential to health and safety.
• Turning off computers and other electrical equipment when not in use.
• Keeping shades pulled and doors and windows closed during the day.
• Using a microwave oven instead of a conventional electric oven or gas stove.
• Setting the thermostat on your central air conditioner to 78 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
• Supplementing air-conditioner use with ceiling fans and other fans, which create a wind-chill effect that increases air-conditioning cooling efficiency.
• Taking shorter showers.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns