Chisholm, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Minnesota State Health Officials say a man is recovering after being found in a room full of urine and mold at an assisted living facility in Chisholm.
The Minnesota Health Department found that Hillcrest Terrace in Chisholm is responsible for neglect after a disabled man was found unconscious in the filty conditions. Ambulance personnel indicated that the room had old cans of food, numerous ash trays with ash burns on the carpet, smelled strongly of urine, had no linens on the bed and had carpeting stained with urine
The health department report states that the man was sufferring from critically low blood sugar and a urinary tract infection. Staff did not recognize nor inform the registered nurse that the client was experiencing any signs of a urinary tract infection. In addition, the staff did not monitor blood sugars after the client had a critical low blood sugar level until the client was found unresponsive. The client was also not receiving housekeeping services to maintain a livable environment.
The client has since been released from the hospital and was provided a new room. The assisted living facility has been cited for neglect.
Written and posted to the web by Raeanna Marnati