Sheriff: Clinton Township house fire started from space heater

By KBJR News 1

Sheriff: Clinton Township house fire started from space heater

January 10, 2014 Updated Jan 10, 2014 at 1:19 PM CST

Virginia, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Authorities have determined the cause of the house fire in Clinton Township that sent three people to the hospital was started from a space heater.

Officials have also released the names of the adults injured in the blaze. George Frank Konecny Jr., Randon George Konecny and Alyssa Leann Douglas were injured in the house fire that left only the chimney standing once fire crews put out the flames.

A 7 year old girl also suffered some frostbite on her feet from standing out in the cold while fire fighters battled the blaze.

Crews were called to the residence along Iron Junction Road around 3am Thursday on the report of flames engulfing the house. Three adults suffered burn wounds and were transported to the Essentia Health Hospital in Virginia.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.

An account for donations to help the family has been set up at the First National Bank of Buhl.

Posted to the web by Krista Burns
kburns@kbjr.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.