Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- There is $50,000 available to community groups and organizations in Parks Fund Neighborhood Grants; $5,000 available per request.
The city and Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation has made these grants possible as part of the Parks Fund's initiative to support projects which would add value and improve city parks.
Grant applications must meet the following criteria:
• Take place entirely or primarily on existing recognized units of Duluth's parks, recreation and trails system.
• Support the mission of Duluth's Parks and Recreation Division to fulfill the essential recreational, educational, cultural and environmental needs that create a dynamic community.
• Encourage both financial and volunteer efforts.
Also, priority is given to projects that support one or more of the following key elements of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan:
• Improve the quality of existing parks (especially neighborhood parks)
• Focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways.
• Have fewer, but higher quality recreation buildings.
• Enhance stewardship of natural resources.
• Expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering.
• Increase use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups.
Proposals are reviewed by the parks commission and then they go to the City Council for final approval. Grant applications must be in by April 1, 2014 to be eligible. To download the application, please click here.