Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Green, whole head cabbage was the likely source of E. coli illnesses traced to some Applebee's restaurants in Minnesota this summer.
According to state health officials Friday, 15 people were eventually sickened by the produce. They added it was most likely contaminated before it was distributed to restaurants.
Of the 14 individuals interviewed, 13 people ate at nine Applebee's restaurants in Minnesota, and one ate at a Yard House restaurant.
State investigators have traced the cabbage to a common out–of–state supplier.
According to MPR news, the people were sickened between June 25th and July 3rd.