Fire in Home Result of Faulty Burglary Alarm

By KBJR News 1

December 3, 2011 Updated Dec 3, 2011 at 10:37 PM CST

Duluth, MN (Northland's NewsCenter) - A call went out to the Duluth Fire Department shortly after 6 PM about a structure fire at 6211 Pizarro Street.

When crews arrived at the scene, they found flames emanating from a burglar alarm that had malfunctioned and caught fire.

Firefighters on the scene responded quickly, and were able to isolate and exterminate the fire before it spread to the rest of the house.

Members of the fire department also said that, had the resident not been home, things could have gone much worse.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.