Furnace fire sets house ablaze - Total loss

By KBJR News 1

Furnace fire sets house ablaze - Total loss

January 25, 2014 Updated Jan 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM CST

Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.COM)

A man is left without a home after his furnace caught fire at 4:20 Saturday morning.

The occupant at 411 N 51st Ave. W retrieved his cat and attempted to shut down the furnace, prior to calling the fire department.

When the Duluth Fire Department responded to the structure fire they saw heavy smoke coming from the front of the house.

The fire began in the basement but spread to the attic.

The house is a total loss with property and content damage at 100 thousand dollars.

gware@kbjr.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.