Iron County DA Reviews Complaints Against Bulletproof Securities

By KBJR News 1

August 13, 2013 Updated Aug 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM CDT

Hurley, WI (NNCNOW.com) - After being forced to leave the state for not having the required paperwork last month, the security company "Bulletproof" has now been granted a license by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services

Now, Iron County District Attorney Marty Lipske, is reviewing the case to decide if further action should be taken against the company.

Lipske is reviewing complaints against Bulletproof Securities including allegations that the company didn't adhere to the proper waiting period after violating state regulations.

According to Wisconsin State Statute

440.26 pertaining to private security firms states, any person acting as a private security person or operating in the state without a license will have to pay a fine between $100 and $500 or be imprisoned for not less than three months and not more than six months. That person or firm will also be ineligible for a permit from the state for a year.

Last week the private security firm from Arizona got the proper permits to operate in Wisconsin and spokesman say the company is now ready to take up positions once again.

On June 11, authorities say a protester accosted one of the Gogebic Taconite workers at the mine site and others reportedly threatened workers.

This prompted the mining company to hire a private security firm to protect its workers and secure the mine site.

Bulletproof Securities was at the mine site for about a week at the beginning of July before they were asked to leave due to not having the proper permits.

"I'm hopeful that if we continue non–violence, non–threatening, non–assultive type activities that there wont be a necessity for Bulletproof to do that type of high intensive type of security in the future," said Lipske.

DSPS Secretary, David Ross, says the department stands by its decision to issue Bulletproof Securities a permit and had no further comment.

Lipske says he still needs more time to review the complaints against the security firm.

G–Tac officials say no one is currently at the mine site.
They did not say when or if the security firm will be coming back.

Posted to the web by Kati Anderson.
kanderson@kbjr.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.