Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) -- A benefit is being held at the Owl's Club on Saturday in Duluth for a member after a house fire on Christmas left him out in the cold.
Early Christmas morning a fire broke out at a duplex on east fifth street. Fire officials say the fire started in the kitchen and caused about thirty five thousand dollars worth of damage.
Don Brewington, who lived at the duplex has not been able to move back in and has been living at the Radisson.
Proceeds from the benefit will go to Brewington to help pay for damages caused by the fire.
"He's been a member here for some years and the purpose of our organization and all fraternal organization is to look out for each other so, its disastrous that this happened but it gives us an opportunity to do what we do best," said Owl Club President, Ben Marsen.
The benefit featured live music, a silent auction and a fifty fifty raffle drawing.
Posted to the web by Kati Anderson.