Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- The holiday season is about to get a lot brighter for many families in need here in the Northland thanks to a generous gift to the Salvation Army.
Donations made to the Duluth Salvation Army Friday and Saturday, Dec. 21st to 22nd will be double-matched up to $50,000 thanks to a lead gift from Miners, Inc.
Speaking on behalf of Miners, Theresa Lorentz said, “We appreciate the good work The Salvation Army continues to do every day. We feel blessed that we are able to support the Army’s efforts to help those that truly need a helping hand.”
“These are tough times for many people, and the success of our Christmas Campaign rests squarely on the amount of public donations we receive these two days,” said Major Bill Cox, commander of the Salvation Army-Duluth. “For every dollar received, two more will be added. We want to make the best possible use of this wonderful opportunity!”
To triple your donation, you can do any of the following this Friday or Saturday:
• Donate at any of the 17 area Red Kettle sites in Duluth and Hermantown.
• Donate online at The Salvation Army-Duluth webiste.
• Call (218) 722-7934 and make a credit card gift.
• Mail a check postmarked Dec. 21 or Dec. 22 to The Salvation Army, 215 S 27th Ave W, Duluth, MN 55806. (“Match” in the memo portion.)
• Drop off your donation at The Salvation Army, 215 S 27th Ave W., Duluth
The Salvation Army-Duluth served more than 17,000 people, and volunteers contributed over 16,000 hours in the past year.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns