Superior house fire starts in ash tray

By KBJR News 1

Superior house fire starts in ash tray

March 25, 2014 Updated Mar 25, 2014 at 10:57 AM CST

Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --Shortly before eight this morning, the Superior Fire Department was called to a home in the 900 block of Hughitt Avenue in Superior.

The house fire started in an ashtray in the front porch and moved toward the side of the house where a neighbor spotted the flames, and called 911.

The Superior Fire Department was able to quickly contain the blaze.
Fire Battalion Chief, Lane Halverson, says people should be more careful when putting out cigarettes.

No one was injured in the incident. Damage is estimated at a couple of thousand dollars.

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.