Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) Valentini’s Vicino Lago Spinach Frittata
1lb spinach leaves (about 2 bunches), cleaned, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 large clove garlic, minced
18 large eggs
4 Tbsp. milk
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Sun-dried tomato pesto, about 4 TBLS
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
6 oz. Asiago cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Chop spinach and set aside
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and Parmesan cheese. Add in sun-dried tomato pesto, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. Sauté onions in olive oil in an oven-proof, stick-free skillet, until translucent, about 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic and cook a minute further. Add spinach and mix in with onions and garlic.
5. Spread out spinach mixture evenly on bottom of a greased 9”x9” baking dish. Pour egg and spinach mixture into the dish.
6. Sprinkle bits of Asiago cheese over the top of the frittata mixture. Cover dish with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until frittata is puffy and golden. Remove from oven with oven mitts and let cool for several minutes. Cut into squares.