Newtown, CT (NNCNOW.com) - Connecticut's Chief Medical Examiner says the victims in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting were all shot multiple times.
During a press conference Saturday afternoon, Dr. Wayne Carver said the victims suffered 'devastating wounds.'
Carver handed the names of the 26 victims to reporters during the conference. Twenty children and six adults were killed. The majority of the children were in the first grade.
Carver said autopsies on the 20 children had been completed and autopsies on the six staff members would be completed by the end of the day.
In an earlier press conference Saturday, Connecticut police said that the gunman forced his way into the school building. They said that detectives uncovered evidence that could help determine why the gunman carried out the massacre.