Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) - A house fire in West Duluth Saturday has caused an excess of $45,000 in damage, say Duluth Firefighters.
Crews responded to the fire on 64th Avenue West just after 5:30 Saturday evening on reports of heavy smoke coming from the roof line, and rear of the house.
The homeowner was treated for minor smoke inhalation. Her dog was also found inside by firefighters, and rescued unharmed.
19 firefighters responded to the scene.
The Red Cross is assisting the homeowner, who is also staying with family.
The cause of the fire has been determined to be an appliance malfunction.