Drummond, WI (Northland's NewsCenter) --- A 49 year–old Rice Lake man is in the hospital tonight with burns to over 40% of his body.
Bayfield County authorities say the construction worker was spray painting inside a garage in Drummond Wisconsin when it went up in flames.
Firefighters had originally responded to reports of an explosion at the building on South Lake Owen Drive just before 1 o'clock this afternoon.
But the Bayfield County Sheriff there was no explosion.
It now appears paint fumes were ignited by a heater and the victim's clothing caught fire.
The unidentified man was transported by air to a Duluth hospital.
No word on the victim's condition at this point.
Kevin Jacobsen / Jena Pike