House fire displaces family on Christmas Eve

By KBJR News 1

House fire displaces family on Christmas Eve

December 24, 2013 Updated Dec 24, 2013 at 11:11 AM CST

Superior, WI (NNCNOW.com) --- An early morning house fire has temporarily displaced a family in Superior on Christmas Eve.

Fire crews were called around seven this morning on the report of a structure fire along the 1700 Block of Lackawanna Avenue.

When the fire department responded, they saw light smoke coming from the back of the house. The fire was contained to an exterior wall and the attic area above a kitchen. Crews were able to clear the scene around nine this morning.

All four occupants of the home were able to evacuate safely.

Initial damage estimate is set at $15,000.

Authorities have determined the cause of the fire was from overheated electrical wiring, due to electric space heaters. The heaters were being used while the family was waiting for parts for their failed heating system.

The Salvation Army in Superior has been contacted to help the family of four who is temporarily displaced.

No one was injured in the incident.

Posted to the web by Krista Burns
kburns@kbjr.com

To submit a comment on this article, your email address is required. We respect your privacy and your email will not be visible to others nor will it be added to any email lists.