Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Five Duluth beaches have been placed under a beach advisory due to elevated E. coli levels in the water.
The following beaches have a No Water Contact Advisory:
- Brighton Beach located in Duluth in Gitche Gummi Park.
- Leif Erikson Park Beach located in Duluth, below Leif Erikson Park.
- Franklin Park / 13th Street South Beach located on the lakeside of Park Point in Duluth at 13th Street.
- Minnesota Point Harborside / 15th Street Beach located on the harbor-side of Park Point in Duluth at 15th Street.
- 20th Street / Hearding Island Canal Beach located on the harbor-side of Park Point, at 20th Street.
The elevated E. coli levels could be due to the presence of fecal contamination. The water at each beach will be tested again later today.
If you become sick after coming into contact with the water at any of the beaches listed above, you are asked to call the Minnesota Health Department.
Posted to the web by Krista Burns