Hibbing, MN (NNCNOW.com) - Hibbing Taconite is being honored as Business of the Year.
The Hibbing Area Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual dinner Friday night.
Businesses are honored based on the economic impact they generate, longevity and loyalty to employees.
Hibbing Taconite officials say a good relationship with the city is crucial to their business.
"We look at our relationship as a partnership between the city of Hibbing, the Chamber of Commerce and all the businesses, schools, churches and organizations within the city," said Hibbing Taconite Interim General Manager, Jack Croswell.
Other companies and people honored included:
- Outstanding New Member – IBEW Local 294
- Outstanding Leadership Alumni – Scott Nehiba
- Worksite Wellness:
-Gold – MN Twist Drill, Jasper Engineering
-Silver – Hibbing Taconite, Advantage Billing
-Bronze – Delta, Healthline HomeCare, NorthStar Hospice
- Chamber Champion – Wayne Kangas
- Treasurer Recognition – Mark Gardeski
- Business Education Partnership – Sullivan Candy and Supply, Tom Sullivan
- Range Young Professional Award – Jessica Schuster
- Volunteer of the Year Award - Kacey Donahue
Written for the web by Jennifer Austin.