Superior, WI (NNCNOW.com) - A fire extensively damaged a porch in Superior Sunday night.
It broke out just after eight at a home near Broadway and Baxter.
No one was in the home at the time and nobody was hurt.
A by–stander called 911 to save some pets that were inside the home.
Fire officials were able to also pull the dog out of the house.
"Ran over there when I noticed the white boards on the front of the door was turning brown, or whatever. Opened the front door, sure there was a fire there, pulled that bird out, called 911 as I was running to the back of the house. Booted the back door in and all three of us took off into the house, ran through the house made sure nobody was there," said Cody Wick, who called 911.
Superior fire officials are ruling this as an accident.