Cloquet, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- Grand Rapids' Erin Baker and Cloquet's Dylan Marvel were the top local finishers at the Section 7AA cross country meet, with each earning an individual spot at next week's state meet.
Baker finished fourth in the girls' race with a time of 14:56, about 18 seconds off the pace set by 7AA champion Emma Benner of Forest Lake.
Marvel, meanwhile, was the runner-up of the boys' race with a time of 16:20, which was just nine seconds off the lead pace of Chisago Lakes' Andy Magnuson.
Cloquet won the boys' team title as well, with three of the Lumberjacks runners placing inside the top six individually.
SECTION 7AA GIRLS' CROSS COUNTRY INDIVIDUAL STATE QUALIFIERS
2. Rhianna Rinke (North Branch) --- 14:41
4. Erin Baker (Grand Rapids) --- 14:56
5. Madeline McKeefry (Andover) --- 14:57
8. Anja Maijaila (Cloquet) --- 15:04
9. Phoebe Koski (Duluth East) --- 15:13
10. Maddi Peart (Grand Rapids) --- 15:14
11. Bree Erickson (Cambridge-Isanti) --- 15:15
13. Nikki Jurik (Zimmerman) --- 15:21
SECTION 7AA GIRLS' CROSS COUNTRY TEAM STATE QUALIFIERS
1. Forest Lake (Emma Benner, Caroline Schoessow, Allison Barlett, Maria Valentin, Amanda Forletti, Jessica Overland, Miranda Overland)
2. Elk River (Rachel Ness, Kennedy Warner, Annica Carr, Maria Brown, Gracie Scheid, Kailey Erdahl, Gabbi Jung)
SECTION 7AA BOYS' CROSS COUNTRY INDIVIDUAL STATE QUALIFIERS
3. Nathaniel Souher (Big Lake) --- 16:22
5. Chris Meadow (Andover) --- 16:36
7. Grant Olsen (St. Francis) --- 16:44
8. Lucas Trapp (Elk River) --- 16:44
9. Keaton Long (Duluth East) --- 16:45
10. Ryan Kero (Hermantown) --- 16:46
11. Connor Gagne (Zimmerman) --- 16:47
12. Jordan Jeandron (Zimmerman) --- 16:48
SECTION 7AA BOYS' CROSS COUNTRY TEAM STATE QUALIFIERS
1. Cloquet (Dylan Marvel, Isaac Boedigheimer, Jace Anderson, Connor Denham, John Waltjer, Nick Tomhave, Rand Bieri)
2. Chisago Lakes (Andy Magnuson, Zac West, Carson Velaski, Nick Bartz, Jake Schwelling, Simon Eddy, Quinton Lee)