Duluth, MN (NNCNOW.com) --- A 33-year-old record was not just broken, but shattered, on Saturday morning as Dominic Ondoro started fast, faded in the middle, and then finished in a flurry to win the 2014 Grandma's Marathon in an unofficial time of 2:09:06.
Ondoro was with the lead pack until about mile 20, and then he went out on his own to not only win the race but also break Dick Beardsley's course record from 1981.
He finished more than two minutes faster than his nearest competitor, with Betram Keter taking runner-up honors with an unofficial time of 2:11:58.
Below are listed the top 10 finishers with unofficial times from the Grandma's Marathon men's race, with full and official results to come later today.
2014 GRANDMA'S MARATHON MEN'S RACE
1. Dominic Ondoro --- 2:09:06
2. Betram Keter --- 2:11:58
3. Christopher Kipyego --- 2:11:59
4. Jordan Chipangama --- 2:12:22
5. Daniel Aschenik --- 2:13:05
6. Stephen Muange --- 2:14:15
7. Abraham Chelanga --- 2:13:26
8. Kimutai Cheruiyot --- 2:14:24
9. Nicholas Arciniaga --- 2:14:31
10. Eilud Ngetich --- 2:14:58
To search for the full results from Grandma's Marathon, click here.